Flats for each side...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Flats for each side of the pier?  

RSS

(@midnight_lightning)
Red Giant Customer
May 30, 2021 14:21  

If I take, say, Red filter images on both the East and West side of the pier on one night and then take one set of flats, which could be on either side of the pier, does APP know to rotate all frames to the same orientation before processing? 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
May 30, 2021 15:40  

That shouldn't matter as the dust (and vignetting) will be in the same spot on the sensor/filter, the rotation only applies to the stars which APP takes care of after calibration with flats. The only time you do need to take new flats is if you use a rotator, which rotates the camera (and/or filter) around. Then the dust is at a different spot.

ReplyQuote
(@midnight_lightning)
Red Giant Customer
May 30, 2021 17:43  

@vincent-mod

Thanks for the prompt response Vincent, took me a while to get my head around it but it makes sense now.

ReplyQuote
Share: