OSC RGB Integration...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

OSC RGB Integration Issues

(@rockinrod)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

First of all, I am using the same light frames for each channel. So i made sure I normalize each time between integration, saw this online someplace...I always image my nebula with an HA/OII dual narrowband filter. I may not be checking all the appropriate boxes?? but when I do each channel the HA-OIII-HA and the OIII, both are coming up in MONO for some reason. I was thinking at this point there should be some color showing up. Probably a simple fix, I would think, but since I just started using this program, I am not sure what to do.

Also, when I start doing these integrations, do i also need to add the channel, HA-OIII-Color...? 

Should I add a check mark on the RH side of the program in the Neutralize BG box? And is there anything else which is needed, so I can start seeing some colors from my HA/OIII filter?

Also having all sorts of problems when I try adding these channels too, not sure what to put in those dialog boxes...If there is a complete specific tutorial for my issue could you please post a link here? They keep popping up and won't go away...

Thanks!

R Bell

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

Rodney, this is the expected behavior. Single filter integrations ARE mono. Only after combining them with the HOO 1 or HOO 2 formula in tab 9 RGB Combination will you get color. 

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

Not quite sure I get that. I'll go back and take a look. Where do I get the HOO 1 or 2 at? Can you give me the proper sequence of buttons? 

These are my pre-sets, > Tab 0 > Pattern RGGB > Algorithm > Ha-OIII extract HA > Force Bayer/X-Trans CFA.

Is there anything on the RH side I need to put a check mark in?

I went to Tab 9 > Combine RGB > then HOO1 > not sure after that, can't find it   ___________? 

Isn't there a video showing this process? 

Thanks

Rodney

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@rockinrod First you need to extract the Ha and OIII data, just as you already do by specifying the algorithm in Tab 0. Once you have both integration results, which both will be mono, you can combine them to get a color image. To do so, go to Tab 9 and there select RGB Combination. In that tab, select either the HOO 1 or HOO 2 formula. After selecting a formula you need to click the New Formula button. Load your two integration results and assign them to Ha and OIII. Then you can click Calculate to get the color image. You can play with the sliders to influence the amount of Ha to be added to the G and B channels or OIII to the R channel. Note that, when you click the New Formula button, the sliders will reset.

To my best of knowledge there is no video for this.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

I did all the initial extractions of the HA and OIII, I was getting lost on the HOO...

Okay, that sounds good...There was a lot I'd had to figure out...Been at this since yesterday afternoon...(:>

Thanks

This post was modified 1 year ago by Rodney Bell

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@rockinrod

Another option is to choose Ha OIII - Color in Tab 0. Then APP will create an RGB image for you saving you from the need to play with the formulae in Tab 9. It may not be the color combination that you're after and extracting the Ha and OIII channels will give you more freedom to combine them as you please.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

Yes I did that yesterday with the Veil nebula. For some reason with my HA/OIII narrowband filter the HA and OIII colors showed up really well in post processing on this particular nebula...All I get is HA with every other object..

What I'm trying to accomplish is adding some green and blue into my images, more different colors.

Appreciate the help!

This is just 3-5 minute subs for effect. Not too bad...Thanks for the help..Love it!

RB

Veil Done APP 3 subs

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Rodney Bell

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@rockinrod

Yes indeed, if you aim for more blue en green then you'll need to use the HOO formulae in Tab 9.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

I have another issue here. What is this error message telling me to do, or need? 

Thanks,

RB

Error

Yes, already have, thank you...!

This post was modified 1 year ago by Rodney Bell

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

I think I figured it out, disregard...Still working on the colors etc...

Veil RGB image PS

ReplyQuote
Share: