Normalization issue...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

[Solved] Normalization issues  

RSS

(@jjosefsen)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
August 30, 2019 01:38  

Hi,

I am having issues with a set of oiii data.

I get really strange artifacts in the illumnation profile of the stack, for a lack of better words, but only in the oiii, the H-alpha stack is smooth as butter and looks very good.

Ha:

billede

O3 with LNC:

billede

O3 Normalization map:

billede

It is quite obvious (to my eyes) that the normalization map fits very well with the problems in the image.

If i turn off all LNC i get a better result:

billede

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here?

The camera is a Altair Astro Hypercam 1600M and filters are Baader 1,25" filters.

The o3 is quite weak compared to the Ha.

Edit: I have inspected all flats, darkflat and lights, and I don't think there are any that sticks out as "bad".

Any clues would be greatly appreciated. 🙂

This topic was modified 2 years ago 2 times by jjosefsen

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
August 30, 2019 11:59  

Interesting, it almost seems to correlate with the bright patches in the stack without LNC.. I have no real clue, and my answer is going to get boring on this forum, but if you share some of the data I might get a better idea. 🙂 You can upload like 10 of each calibration subs + 10 OIII lights to our APP server, login/password: appuser please create a folder with your name on it first, thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@jjosefsen)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
August 30, 2019 22:55  

I figured it out. 🙂

The normalization issues were indeed a result of stacking artifacts introduced while stacking. When these were resolved by changing a few settings in registration, the problems were gone.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
August 31, 2019 10:33  

Excellent!

ReplyQuote
Share: