Share:
Notifications
Clear all

master bias looks strange

(@mackiedlm)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Hi,

First thanks for a fantastic piece of software.

I have been attempting to make some high quality master darks and master bias to use in calibration and with the intention for using dark frame scaling. My camera is a EOS1100d

To that end I took 120 300s subs at ISO800 and 200 Bias at 1/4000s at ISO800. I then calibrated in APP (Auto integration, separate darks acc was deselected).

My concern is that the master bias, and to a  lesser extent the master dark show quite clear vertical banding when i open them in APP with a moderate stretch. Is this normal or have I done something wrong?

Attached the MB

Thanks for any help.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Hi David,

Thanks for the congrats, hope you'll be enjoying it for a long time to come!

The bias looks normal to me, vertical banding is a thing with certain sensors. APP should be able to correct for that using the bias.

ReplyQuote
(@mackiedlm)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Hi David,

Thanks for the congrats, hope you'll be enjoying it for a long time to come!

The bias looks normal to me, vertical banding is a thing with certain sensors. APP should be able to correct for that using the bias.

Hi Vincent

Thanks so much for that. Forecast is good for tomorrow so hopefully I'll be using these masters soon.

Good luck with the move. I'm Scottish, from Perth, but have lived away  in Belgium, Switzerland and now Ireland for 20 years so I know what an international move is like. And the way it is right now is certainly not going to help.

My very best wishes

David

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Thanks David, that means a lot. We actually have lived in New-Zealand, then Madeira (all for half a year approx.) and now the idea was to stay in Scotland as I loooove it. Unfortunately my wife is not able to get her job going in time so there we go again. Can't say my last 2 years have been dull, will remember it when I'm 80. 🙂

So, when the calibration files pose an issue, just ask here again. I'm not expecting it to.

ReplyQuote
Share: