LNC Causing final i...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

LNC Causing final integration to be blank image file

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@jeffreyhorne)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi friends!

I'm working on a big integration (~750 subs / ~100 hrs). When I do my integration (HA-Oiii extract HA), the final image that gets produced is just a blank image. It shows up blank/black in APP, and pure white (but I can see dithering artifacts) in Pixinsight.

I'm on V2 beta 6 on an M1 Mac. (I also tried on my PC, 2.0 Beta 2, and it gave me the same result.)

I fiddled around trying to disable various settings that I normally use, and I think I nailed it down to LNC.

I normally do 4th Degree LNC, 3 iterations, and it usually works great. Now these settings are producing the pure white integrated image. When I change that to 2nd Degree LNC / 3 iterations, it produces a normal mono HA image like I expect.

I'm now testing different levels/iterations of LNC, but I'd love to know what caused the blank integration file at 4th degree 3 iterations of LNC.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

A lot of the times LNC is not needed, why do you go to more degrees than standard? Does the standard 1st degree and 3 iterations produce a good result? It may be that you're adding too much complexity for the algorithm with specifically this data. Just a speculation at the moment though. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jeffreyhorne)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I could never tell that LNC was making a difference unless I used 4th degree 3 iterations, so that's what I usually use. I ended up going with 2nd degree 3 iterations for this one, and it looked great.

ReplyQuote
Share: