LightFrameCalibrati...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

LightFrameCalibration -- java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

10 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@mgralike)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I encountered a 

Encountered error in module:
LightFrameCalibration

Error message:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

Cause:
dK.a(Unknown Source)
dK.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

Any idea what I can do, might point towards the error topic (memory, java, bug ...)

I happens during the "ANALYSE STARS" process. Version APP 1.082

Thanks

Marco

Schermafbeelding 2020 09 19 om 21.07.08

This topic was modified 4 years ago 2 times by MGralike

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Can you give some details on the system you use? And does this happen as well if you try it on just a few subs for instance?

ReplyQuote
(@mgralike)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

What I figured out so far is that it is related to the dark frames. If I don't add those in the mix, I don't have the problem. 

What kind of detail of were you thinking about? The subs are Ha/O3 created with an ASI160MM. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah ok, so that's good progress. APP does have exceptions if there is an issue with the calibration data. Could you try to take a few new ones, carefully watching what settings you use and try again?

ReplyQuote
(@mgralike)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

(funny)

Already on it - Replacing dark and bias library (flats not in play). Just to be on the safe side, came up with the same idea.

M

This post was modified 4 years ago by MGralike

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Well, the bias at least worked so keep the old master as well just in case. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@mgralike)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Still stuck at not getting the darks to work, despite new set created just after the Ha and O3 subs. I am new to smallband so maybe there is "more to do" then during OSC camera workflows...?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mm, not really for the darks as they are independent of filters. Maybe I should take a look at some lights and darks?

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload2 as username and upload2 as password.

Create a directory named “mgralike-darksissue” and upload in there. Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@mgralike)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thanks for the offer.

But while attempting to create a decent test set for you, it seems that it is still the darks that aren't correct.

From left to right, Ha sub using 20 darks of 10 minutes each, Ha sub using 10 darks of 10 minutes each and the last on the right, which is almost decent, 3 darks of 10 minutes each...

It seems that I am introducing light spill somewhere in my created darks... I am going to try to fix that first.

Screenshot 2020 10 01 at 15.07.48

In the meantime without using any darks for Ha and OIII - https://www.astrobin.com/iamutq/

This post was modified 4 years ago by MGralike

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, that might be the issue, any light pollution in a dark will throw off the calibration indeed. I hope you can get that sorted!

ReplyQuote
Share: