LightFrameCalibrati...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

LightFrameCalibration -- java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException  

RSS

(@mgralike)
White Dwarf Customer
September 19, 2020 21:16  

I encountered a 

Encountered error in module:
LightFrameCalibration

Error message:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

Cause:
dK.a(Unknown Source)
dK.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

Any idea what I can do, might point towards the error topic (memory, java, bug ...)

I happens during the "ANALYSE STARS" process. Version APP 1.082

Thanks

Marco

Schermafbeelding 2020 09 19 om 21.07.08

This topic was modified 1 month ago 2 times by MGralike

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
September 20, 2020 11:44  

Can you give some details on the system you use? And does this happen as well if you try it on just a few subs for instance?

ReplyQuote
(@mgralike)
White Dwarf Customer
September 20, 2020 21:16  

What I figured out so far is that it is related to the dark frames. If I don't add those in the mix, I don't have the problem. 

What kind of detail of were you thinking about? The subs are Ha/O3 created with an ASI160MM. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
September 21, 2020 16:23  

Ah ok, so that's good progress. APP does have exceptions if there is an issue with the calibration data. Could you try to take a few new ones, carefully watching what settings you use and try again?

ReplyQuote
(@mgralike)
White Dwarf Customer
September 21, 2020 16:25  

@vincent-mod

(funny)

Already on it - Replacing dark and bias library (flats not in play). Just to be on the safe side, came up with the same idea.

M

This post was modified 1 month ago by MGralike

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
September 21, 2020 16:34  

Well, the bias at least worked so keep the old master as well just in case. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@mgralike)
White Dwarf Customer
September 30, 2020 13:39  

Still stuck at not getting the darks to work, despite new set created just after the Ha and O3 subs. I am new to smallband so maybe there is "more to do" then during OSC camera workflows...?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
October 1, 2020 10:42  

Mm, not really for the darks as they are independent of filters. Maybe I should take a look at some lights and darks?

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload2 as username and upload2 as password.

Create a directory named “mgralike-darksissue” and upload in there. Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@mgralike)
White Dwarf Customer
October 1, 2020 15:11  

Thanks for the offer.

But while attempting to create a decent test set for you, it seems that it is still the darks that aren't correct.

From left to right, Ha sub using 20 darks of 10 minutes each, Ha sub using 10 darks of 10 minutes each and the last on the right, which is almost decent, 3 darks of 10 minutes each...

It seems that I am introducing light spill somewhere in my created darks... I am going to try to fix that first.

Screenshot 2020 10 01 at 15.07.48

In the meantime without using any darks for Ha and OIII - https://www.astrobin.com/iamutq/

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by MGralike

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
October 5, 2020 17:57  

Ok, that might be the issue, any light pollution in a dark will throw off the calibration indeed. I hope you can get that sorted!

ReplyQuote
Share: