How to save a "line...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How to save a "linear" image?

7 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
(@ddaniel84)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I appreciate APP as pre-treatment tool, and use "INTEGRATE". Then I want to treat the image with PixInsight. I need it in "linear" format (not stretched). How to do? and other question: how to access APP documentation ?

Best

ReplyQuote
(@ddaniel84)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

to precise my question: how to save an image in linear format (unstretched).. Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@juergenn)
Red Giant

The integrated image resulting from stacking is unstretched! I also use those for further processing in PI (BXT/NXT).

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@andybooth)
Red Giant

@ddaniel84 any file created and saved automatically by APP, by light pollution, star calibration, star reduction, hsl , rgb combine etc are always in linear format. 
ONLY if you save from the right hand save button in the viewer panel is a non linear file created, as it has been stretched by the viewer.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ddaniel84)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@andybooth thanks a lot. It's exactly what happen. Now I use the original file prodeced by Iintegrate... and undestand why "-st" is added if I do a SAVE  (st for stretched)!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @ddaniel84

I appreciate APP as pre-treatment tool, and use "INTEGRATE". Then I want to treat the image with PixInsight. I need it in "linear" format (not stretched). How to do? and other question: how to access APP documentation ?

Best

Hi Dominique @ddaniel84,

Glad others have answered already to help you with saving a linear image 😉

Documentation is available in the application in the form of tooltips, we will publish a printable PDF manual once 2.0 stable is releases as well.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@ddaniel84)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot Mabula.  I suppose we will know wgen the pdf will be available in this forum. It would be à good idea to inform us with the software itself.

Best

ReplyQuote
Share: