How to register ima...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How to register images when many stars are faint?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chrisgr99)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I took five 300 second narrow band images of the Iris Nebula with iTelescope T24 in each of Ha, OIII and SII. Registration is failing in APP. I think it's because most of the stars are too faint. Attached is the jpg version of one of the images. The stars are faint but visible. Can anyone suggest how to adjust APP to register these images? I tried reducing the number of stars in analyze from 500 to 100 but this did not help.

jpeg T24 skyguy iris nebula 20220809 000636 Ha BIN1 E 300 001

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Most of the time, if stars are actually ok enough (even more faint ones), it should be able to find them. Did you download the corrected images or the raw ones? I've noticed that sometimes the corrected images are faulty due to issues in calibration. Also, the light you show here doesn't look very good to begin with, with 300s I would expect a bit better signal, for narrowband though I tend to go to 600 or even 900 seconds.

ReplyQuote
Share: