Strange vignetting ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-09-02: APP 2.0.0-beta4 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta4

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta4

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta4

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta4

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta4

Strange vignetting with APP, but a fine picture with same files in PI

(@ancalime)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Perhaps someone can explain me why. When I stack my lights, darks, flats and darkflats in APP, I get picture nr. 1. I had same tested in PI with WBPP, and as you can see on picture nr 2, it's all fine. Could someone tell me what things I might be doing wrong in APP

picture 2
picture 1

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@ancalime That's hard to say without more info. Which calibration data did you use? Which settings in APP? Which version of APP? Did you try to load the unprocessed PI file into APP and stretch it?

ReplyQuote
(@ancalime)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Normally I load my files, ie. 200 120s lights, 30 darks, 30 1s flats and darkflats (or flatdarks) in the 1st tab of APP. I subsequently leave all at tab 2 default, and press tab 3 and analyse the stars. When the stars are analysed, I uncheck the odd looking frames. I then leave tab 4 at defaults, tab 5 at defaults, and in tab 6 I leave intergrate on automatic, No LNC and I leave MBB as is, which is not enabled. When all is finished, I get the very overcorrected stack. APP wersion 1.083. See below the unprocessed PI stack loaded and stretched in APP. Also, I always have this workflow, but never had this kind of overcorrection

picture 3

ReplyQuote
(@ancalime)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

hmmmm.... i also just decided to check all the frames... turns out that I have a few pure white frames in it.... guess we all make mistakes sometimes

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

If I may chime in, I think I see the same in the PI result, just way less of a stretch. Can that be the case as well?

ReplyQuote
(@ancalime)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

I fished out 10 pure white frames. I guess I forgot to get them out when I did APP, it might explain it. Without those, and in PI, it was a simple DBE and bob was again my uncle... havent tried in APP without those nasty white frames. But I think it's been an error on my side all along

ReplyQuote
Share: