Help! CR2 (Canon) I...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Help! CR2 (Canon) Image when selected loads into viewer but it's just a white screen. - (OpenGL3 issue, not CR2 file related)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@fm3aar)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hello, I just downloaded the APP free trial version last night. I've tried at  least 5 different times now but I keep getting the same result. When I load some Canon CR2 raw astro images into the bottom of the screen, they show up there. When I click on to one of them, it's supposed to show up in the screen. I can see the loading bar go across the top of the screen and the image title shows up at the top of the screen. Even the histogram to the right pops up with the image information. But the problem is the screen turns pure white.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I've been following this YouTube tutorial which is pretty good dispite it being a couple of years old. But when she clicks on her image at the bottom, the image pops right up on the screen like it's supposed to: 

When I do the same, all I get is a white screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would love to try APP but I'm not even getting beyond the first few steps. Thanks, Charles 

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@fm3aar)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I was able to get help on Cloudy Nights where it was suggested to click on the GL3 button at the top.

It worked! That button was not mentioned in any YouTube tutorial I had watched.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Charles @fm3aar,

I am glad that you have found a solution to the issue. APP 1.075 does have a bug in the OpenGL3 implementation. By clicking on the GL3 button, you are disabling OpenGL and thus are able to see the image using a software cpu renderer.

The next release, APP 1.076 should have this fixed though ;-). It will be released soon. You should be able to use OpenGL in the next release and image rendering on your screen should be much faster then.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@fm3aar)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Mabula, thanks. Charles

ReplyQuote
Share: