First Mosaic - gett...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

First Mosaic - getting NullPointerException when trying to start Integration

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gilesco)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I've getting the following dialog come up (Encountered error in module Integrator)

Encountered error in module:
Integrator

Error message:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause:
null
pj.a(Unknown Source)
pj.a(Unknown Source)
pj.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)

And then it just bombs out on me. All steps pretty much with defaults except on one frame Star Analysis failed and I deselected and removed that frame. I chose Mosaic Registration and accepted the dialog suggestions that go along with that.

The console just shows the following:

2:26:39 - 6) INTEGRATE: integration: total exposure time: 7020 seconds = 117.00 minutes = 1.950 hours
12:28:39 - FRAME DETAILS UPDATER: starting...
12:28:39 - FRAME DETAILS UPDATER: no new frames to add
12:28:39 - FRAME DETAILS UPDATER: rebuilding all frame details...
12:28:39 - FRAME DETAILS UPDATER: checking if frames were identified earlier...
12:28:39 - FRAME DETAILS UPDATER: updated succesfully
12:28:39 - CONSTRUCT FRAME DETAILS LIST: starting...
12:28:39 - CONSTRUCT FRAME DETAILS LIST: sorting frames...
12:28:39 - CONSTRUCT FRAME DETAILS LIST: Fixing file arrays...
12:28:39 - CONSTRUCT FRAME DETAILS LIST: numbering frames...
12:28:39 - CONSTRUCT FRAME DETAILS LIST: adding frame marks...
12:28:40 - CONSTRUCT FRAME DETAILS LIST: finished

Any idea of the cause? Let me know if there is anything to try, I can post a video of the whole process to youtube if it is going to help at all.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@gilesco)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Oh, ok, so Mabula says this will be fixed in the next version:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/error-in-new-1-078-version/

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hopefully it's the same thing yes, but there indeed is a bug unfortunately that is fixed for the next release.

ReplyQuote
(@gilesco)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Hopefully it's the same thing yes, but there indeed is a bug unfortunately that is fixed for the next release.

I can confirm that it happens only on 1.0.78 (Linux in my case), I did the exact same mosaic task on my laptop (Windows 1.0.77, not Linux) and it went through and completed integration fine.

I do with there was a save state/save project, so that I didn't have to re-run Calibration, Registration etc... on the laptop, but in any case, I have a workaround until we see 1.0.79 surface.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Very interesting. I reproduced one of these crashes on MacOS as well (somewhat similar to Linux) so it might be correlated. I'll keep this in mind, thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: