Notifications
Clear all

Mosaic and other problems  

RSS

(@paulr)
Molecular Cloud Customer
April 7, 2020 16:47  

Hi

Im having awful trouble getting to grips with mosaicing. I have followed all the info here there is also a video by Sara Wager which appears to be using an earlier release as some options are not present in this release.

So here is whats going on I did a mosaic of 2 images of the soul nebula as a test to see how this works. result was bad . Easy to see the overlaps . I cant show this image now as I updated the software to to the latest version and now all I get is this :

I bought this software on the premise of mosaics being "easy to do " with it . So far unfortunately this has not been the case.

Also how do I save preferences , its a real drag having to navigate to my astro folder everytime.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
April 7, 2020 20:29  

Hi Paul,

There currently is a bug in APP 1.078 that prevents us from creating mosaics at all. Creating mosaics in 1.077 works for me though. I had to experiment with several settings but in the end I managed to make it work. See this comments

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/nullpointerexception-when-trying-to-create-a-mosaic-in-1-078/#post-9872

with my settings.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@paulr)
Molecular Cloud Customer
April 7, 2020 21:38  

aha this might explain some things then 🙂 thanks for the reply

ReplyQuote
Share: