Error messages foll...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Error messages following integration step

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@longinthetooth)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

APP1.075. ZWO ASI1600MC osc, Sharpcap Pro, Photoshop CS6

Hi everyone. I'm just starting out with APP and would be the first to admit to being not very tech savvy. I'm particularly impressed with the way APP deals with light pollution - something which is a fact of life around here and I've not had an answer for up to now. However, I've had a number of error messages using the programme, the latest of which I've attached as screenshots. I wondered if someone here could translate for non techies like me and offer me some idea of what went wrong. I also wondered if there was a log file somewhere which might shed some light. I wasn't able to find one in the APP folder. I also wondered if there was a "guide" to APP error messages which I've not found yet. 

I've been capturing with Sharpcap Pro which defaulted its output to png files at one stage (which I didn't notice at the time). Using DSS to stack, as I was, png wasn't a problem. Now I'm trying out APP, which doesn't use png files, I've had to convert the png from my old sessions to tiff. I wondered if that might be an issue. 

John B

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Converting data through different engines is not the best approach indeed. APP reads various formats, but not png indeed, the best is to get them into their raw formats at the beginning and use those directly or first converted to dng if APP can't read it. However it shouldn't produce an error I think, are you using calibration data in this way as well (converted to tiff etc) ?

ReplyQuote
(@longinthetooth)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks for replying Vincent.  (I only noticed they were png when I came to stack them, but DSS accepts png so I was able to use them at that time). I used a master dark which also had been converted from png to tiff using PS. There were no other calibration files. In future I will certainly aim to save captures directly to fits or tiff which APP reads natively. In the meantime is there a reliable way to convert png to another format APP will read? Do you think this the issue which prevents the Integration file from opening in APP?

Can you read the error message for me?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No, the error message has more to do with the Java programming. But as you said you used a converted calibration frame, this might trigger such errors sometimes. What happens if you leave out the calibration data?

Not sure if png has the entire and un-altered data in it to be honest, so not sure if that'll work. Certainly may have issues, not working at all, for calibration data. DNG is a format used when camera's that don't have native support, are supported in that way.

ReplyQuote
(@longinthetooth)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I've tried without the master dark frame, lights only, and am getting, I think, exactly the same error message.

Screenshot (11)

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mmmmm, then I think it's the files themselves that are causing an issue. Could you upload maybe 5 for me to have a look at? If you can use wetransfer.com for that that would be great, my email is vincent@astropixelprocessor.com

ReplyQuote
(@longinthetooth)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks Vincent. 5 files (in 2 emails) sent as requested.

ReplyQuote
Share: