Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Error saving TIFF  

RSS

(@tschuh)
White Dwarf Customer
April 22, 2021 20:29  

I'm getting this Java error in recent days with either 1.082 or 1.083-beta1.  It doesn't seem to matter what settings I use for the TIFF.  8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit float, different ICC pallets.  All the same.  Any input welcome.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@tschuh)
White Dwarf Customer
April 22, 2021 20:32  

Ok, I'm getting the same sort of error with JPEG as well.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
April 22, 2021 20:33  

@tschuh Do you get the error as well when saving to FITS? Is your working folder on the internal hard drive or an external one? If external, what type is it? Normal HD or SSD?

ReplyQuote
(@tschuh)
White Dwarf Customer
April 22, 2021 20:39  

@wvreeven  No problem saving FITS files.  Internal SSD storage.  I've been using this PC with APP for over a year now.

This post was modified 5 months ago by tschuh

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
April 23, 2021 13:06  

@tschuh So you probably get this error after processing a FITS file in APP, correct? Can you explain exactly what steps you do to get to this error and upload the FITS file that was used to

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

using upload1 as both username and password? Please create a folder called tschuh_tiff_error and put the FITS file in there. Then we will have a look.

ReplyQuote
(@tschuh)
White Dwarf Customer
April 26, 2021 03:40  

@wvreeven  I was about to upload my FITS when I figured out what the problem was.  My A/V software (Avast) was *silently* blocking not the fwrite() but the APP application itself.  A recent update made that block more vocal and it was highlighted as a blocked application, false positive for ransomware of all things.  I've whitelisted the app and all appears to be working correctly again.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
April 26, 2021 09:40  

@tschuh Good to read that you found the cause!

ReplyQuote
Share: