Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Error message

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Guys...

Today APP stopped working when I calibarted a series of images. The following error message appeared:

Encountered error in module:
LightFrameCalibration

Error message:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

Cause:
dK.a(Unknown Source)
dK.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266

I have tried reinstalling the software and loaded different files that have been processed successfully earlier, but same message appears.  Advise is needed...

best

Alf J.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Could you provide us with details on what you did before the error appeared? Like your workflow, type of data, camera model etc.? Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi...
I processed a series of 19 images taken with ASI533c.  FITS files of course. The same images were processed successfully yesterday, the error appeared when I tried to reprocess them today. I loaded 40 flats, a master dark, master bias and BMP. Specifically the error appeared when APP started "analyse stars". 

best

Alf J.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thank you, interesting. And there was no difference with yesterday, you used the same calibration files etc?

ReplyQuote
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi....

Yes, the only difference is that I removed one light frame because of bad tracking...

AJ

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

What happens when you try it without any calibration data?

ReplyQuote
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi...

Then it seems to work. Just added 19 frames and no calibration frames and they integrate fine...

I also tried without using Master Frames, just adding 40 flats, 21 darks and 50 bias frames and let APP generate new masters along the road. Now it also works!  New masters were generated and the light frames were calibrated and integrated fine.

I then tried to do the proces yet again, but now using the newly generated masters from above. This also works!

The error musr be linked to the use of the masters that were generated yesterday.  I shall continue to test and report if the error message shows up again...

Thanks!

best

Alf J.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Excellent, then it is an issue somewhere in the calibration data, we see that quite often if an error like this happens. Might be nice if we could get these errors more clear.

ReplyQuote
Share: