Individual frames l...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Individual frames look fine, but integrated image is all green

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@mfschmitz)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I'm not understanding what's up with my integrated image.  It ends up all green.  The individual frames, after normalization, look fine (I've attached one).  But the integrated image looks all green (attached also).  I'm using a ASI533MC and an Optolong L-Pro filter.  In tab 0, I chose RGGB pattern, Adaptive Airy Disc for algorithm, and checked the force Bayer/X-Trans CFA box.  I'm using the defaults for the other tabs.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Light M3 180.0s Bin1 L 0030 St
M3 3 4 2021 RGB St

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@mfschmitz There are strange bands to the top and bottom of the integrated result that indicate an issue with some of the calibration frames. How does the integration result look when you don’t use flats?

ReplyQuote
(@mfschmitz)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven   Here is the integration without any flats.  Just darks and lights.

Thanks,

Mark

M3 3 4 2021 NoFlats St

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@mfschmitz There barely is any difference between the two images, apart from the fact that the upper left and lower right corners suddenly have become purple. What result do you get it you simply integrate the images without any calibration files at all?

ReplyQuote
(@mfschmitz)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven  Ah Ha!  That made a difference.  Integration from just the lights attached.

M3 3 4 2021 JustLights St

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@mfschmitz How did you take the darks? Were they the same exposure time, temperature, gain and offset as the lights? And taken with the same software as the lights?

ReplyQuote
(@mfschmitz)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven  It's the darks!  Here is the integrated image using lights, flats and dark flats.  Looks much better.  I guess I'll be making some new darks -- the ones I was using are only a couple of months old.

Thanks for your help. 

Mark

M3 3 4 2021 LightsFlatsDarkflats St

ReplyQuote
(@mfschmitz)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven  The old darks were all the same temperature, gain and exposure time.  Not really sure why they made the problem, but I'll take some new ones and see how that goes.

ReplyQuote
Share: