Drizzle integration...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Drizzle integration error. The image will be downscaled with a factor o 0.00

17 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
(@zumix)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello.

I have previously used the bayer/x-trans drizzle integration with no problems, but now I always receive the message "The image will be downscaled with a factor o 0.00..." when I try to do it. And after that "No valid composition parameters were found..."  I have tried different values for droplet size and scale, but It always says the same... Am I doing something wrong?

By the way, one of the windows says I can change the amount of memory allocated for the program but in fact there is not such an option in the CFG button...

Thanks a lot

Juan

ReplyQuote
(@zumix)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

No idea of what might be going on? I have tried with other set of files and it has worked, but not with a nice set of M8 I shot last week. It is so full of undersamples stars that I really need dithering to get the best.

Can anyone please help?

ReplyQuote
(@zumix)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello.

It seems this error is not very frequent, as nobody says anything. I have been doing more tests and now I think it might be related to the Crop mode, as the "size limitation" error has appeared also doing normal integration (no drizzle). That's why I have changed the title of the post. I only use "crop" when looking for optimization of parameters for drizzle integration, that's why thought it was an error related to drizzle integration.

I have never had such and error and have done lots of integrations, specially the "normal" ones. I have tried in two different PCs and with two different sets of images. Could be something changed in a recent update? I am using beta 18

As crop integration is very useful to optimize the drizzle parameters, I 'd appreciate a solution for this...

If you think it might help, I could upload lights and masters to check if you get the same error. 

Juan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hi Juan,

Apologies for the late reply! If you can, please upload a selection (to keep it small-ish) of your files, including calibration files, to our server:

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Please let me know once uploaded

ReplyQuote
(@zumix)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Sorry, I forgot to tell you here. I uploaded the files a few days ago. I made an additional folder by mistake and cannot remove it, but in the second you have a few lights and all calibration files I use

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks for uploading, I'll have a look today

ReplyQuote
(@zumix)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello Vicent. Did you have the opportunity to see the problem?. Does it yields the same error to you?

Cheers

ReplyQuote
(@andybooth)
Red Giant

Just to say I have also had this error pop up a number of times when drizzling, and it seems to be when doing drizzle and a crop together. 
sorry nothing concrete, but just to say that it seems it is a legitimate error that occurs with some combinations of scale size and crop.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

@zumix Sorry, not yet, busy times. I'll verify with Mabula if the combo of drizzling and crop might be something that causes this.

edit: we're investigating if this is indeed an issue.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Juan @zumix & Andy @andybooth,

I am investigating the issue right now and will let you know later today what is happening here 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@andybooth)
Red Giant

Hi Mabula,

Thanks for taking a look.

I have to say, I have not had the same error at all with beta 21, even with the same dataset,  and a few variations of crop/imagescale/dropsize settings.

I was just going to post and ask Juan to give his a try with beta 21 , when you posted, and see if its just worked itself out in the wash.

Andy

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Juan @zumix & Andy @andybooth,

I am testing this with Juan's data in beta18 and I can't seemt to reproduce the problem. So I need more information on when this happens, Juan what exactly do you do in all menu's 0) to 6) with the data that you uploaded that triggers this problem?

To be clear, if APP warns that the image is downscaled with a factor of 0,000x it usually means that something went very wrong in registering the data.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Andy @andybooth, Thank you very much. Yes, I think another bug that I fixed has also solved this particular bug probably. I will close the issue, but if it happens again, please let us know 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@xyfus)
Main Sequence Star

@mabula-admin 

I had this error today, BUT i am still @ APP 2.0.0-beta19.

It appeared with drizzle + crop. I did select composition mode "crop", then it gets red "apply crop". i draw the crop...

And then i forgot to confirm this by clicking "apply crop", but directly startet integration. After light frames got loaded, this error occured. Then i saw my crop-mistake, did apply it and startet again. all fine...

Maybe this helps evaluating a bit more. Don't let app start an Integration without applying crop... 😉

This post was modified 9 months ago 2 times by Sebastian Richter

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you that is very helpful, I will test this and fix a.s.a.p. !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi all,

This bug is solved in 2.0.0-beta23 😉 . Thank you very much for reporting this. See the release notes:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-2-0-0-beta23-release-notes-work-in-progress/

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: