"Downscaled image"?

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

"Downscaled image"?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@dalemschultz)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Greetings friends,

A. Camera- ZWO ASI294MC (22MB)

B. PC- Core Intel i7 (10th gen.) 1.3 GHZ, 16GB RAM, running Windows 11

I have been using version 2.0.0-beta 22 until today when I downloaded the latest beta 28 on my Windows PC.  I'm processing a 9-panel mosaic and the amount of data has been difficult for my 16GB system to handle in a timely manner so I've opted to try to process each panel and each filter (2) separately.  The first 6 of the 18 panels processed smoothly and in a timely manner.  Panel #7 hangs during integration and a window with this message appears:

"The image will be downscaled

with a factor of 0.00000

Since the amount of pixels would otherwise be more than

335.544 Megapixels

The amount of memory that APP can use is the limitation

Increase your system RAM memory and/or increase the amount of RAM memory APP can use with the CFG button.  

Something must have happened during the Registration process"

None of the other panels encountered this message and they have at least as much data as this batch of lights.  As the processing proceeds, I've never seen the RAM usage come even close to 50%!  I've even de-selected down to the best 17 22MB images to work with.  Still fails.  I've selected the CFG button but I don't see a way to increase RAM usage there.  

Can you help me understand what I'll need to do to move on in this project?

Warmest regards,

Dale Schultz

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Dale @dalemschultz,

A downscale of 0.0000 means that something is completely wrong when APP tries to register your data. So you need to check how many stars are found, how does the star map image viewer look for the images of that panel ? Does APP indicate stars where you see stars? Did you try to enable the cosmic ray/noise reducer in 3) ?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@dalemschultz)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thank you for the timely and informative response Mabula.  I continue to be very impressed with your product and it’s support.  Thought you should hear that at least occasionally.

After looking at the second error screen that comes up after the “downscaling” message, it talks about the idea that the Registration tab setting could perhaps use refining.  So I looked again at those settings and realized that these 18 panels I was processing were NOT each a mosaic, but part of a mosaic that I will process when they are individually finished.  So I changed the Registration mode from mosaic to Normal along with a couple other suggestions from your hints menus and voila!  Now I’m getting excellent results on the individual panels.  I hope I was clear and that this can be helpful to others that might be working on a big project like this one.

Thank you again Mabula!

Dale

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: