Does the master fla...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Does the master flat contain the dark flat info?

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@jkstrgzrapp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Getting some nice results thus far with APP. 
Do I need to load MDF’s with MF’s that have been generated originally with dark flats? I notice the MDF’s (mono cam, each channel) are dark grey when loaded, even if I assign to a channel. All other masters are colored to indicate they are assigned to a particular channel. Searching I found this from Mabula years ago (likely before there was a tab to load MDF’s)…

“So for calibration of the lights, the masterdarkflat is not to be used. Make sure the lights are calibrated with a masterdark (or masterbias) for the lights, the masterflat and possibly a BPM”

Thanks in advance for clarification.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Not 100% sure what you mean, but the MF is created using a master darkflat. It's basically just a bias that is used to correct the flats with. Flats usually are about 1-2 seconds of exposure and can have a different gain etc, to which the darkflats need to be adjusted to. Darkflats are only used for the creation of a master flat, nothing more.

ReplyQuote
(@jkstrgzrapp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Sorry if my question is not clear.

There is a tab to load master Dark flats, but if I understand correctly I do not need to load these if my master flats were generated with corresponding dark flats previously?

If so, what is the purpose of a tab to load master Dark flats if I previously created a master flat (created with dark flats). Appears I just need to load the master flat and not the master Dark flat for future calibrations if I understand. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The button is there to be able to re-use the created master darkflat. If you take flats again and the settings of those are the same, you can just reload that darkflat.

ReplyQuote
(@jkstrgzrapp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks, I understand now.

ReplyQuote
Share: