Using PixinSight Ma...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Using PixinSight Masterdarks and Masterflats in APP

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gunterk2)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I am a new member of this community as of today. I have quite a large set of data that are stored with the according MasterDarkflats and Masterdarks generated using PI. As I want to use APP for stacking in the future I would like to use a mix of "Old data" with according PI Masterfiles and new data in APP. I can export these .xisf files as .fits files. Is this a workable solution or what I will lose by this conversion? Original dark and flat files are not saved. Worst case I recalibrate the Old data in PI and saved the calibrated data, but that is a quite cumbersome workaround.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @gunterk2,

Regarding your old masters and using them in APP.

1) convert them to FITS first

2) Then load your converted masters as single calibration frames, so load the old masterdark as a dark in APP, then APP will analyze it and make a MasterDark for APP with relevant metadata. That would be the best way to go. Same for the masterFlats.

Did you try this, is all working okay?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: