Difficulty with fla...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Difficulty with flats on the new ZWO ASI2600MC-Pro camera

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@lead_weight)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I've tried using all variations of flats from 12k ADU up to 40k ADU. At 40k ADU they overcorrect. I settled on 28.5k ADU and yet, they still don't remove all the dust motes. Just the 3 lightest ones. Two darker ones will not correct out. The camera was not moved, and I've been able to shoot a ton of variation on the flats at all those ADU values, as well as Flat-Darks. All calibration frames are at the proper temperature, and exposure. I'm at a loss. 

Please take a look and see what the issue might be. I don't have this issue on my mono camera, so I don't know what might be wrong here. Bayer matrix is RGGB.

Dropbox download of 20 lights, 10 darks, 10 bias, 10 flat, 10 flat-darks.

File Download

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thank you Andrew! At the moment we're preparing for Astrofest London, so if you could wait till Tuesday next week, that would be very appreciated. I'll download the files then.

ReplyQuote
(@jmfdiver)
Brown Dwarf

@lead_weight

Are you still having this problem. I have the same issue with zwo asi 183mc and still trying to sort it out. I also have no problem with my qsi 690

ReplyQuote
(@lead_weight)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@jmfdiver

Not anymore. I'm convinced the issue was my large telescope, and not camera calibration issues. I've been imaging with an EdgeHD 11, and focus changes wildly overnight due to temperature changes. These temperature changes and their effects on focus, means that the flats (set at my last focus distance from the nights imaging session), were only properly correcting a partial set of frames, and that earlier frames from the same imaging session were too far off focus from the last set, such that the dust donuts weren't getting corrected out. I don't tend to have this issue with my smaller refractors which are less effected by temperature changes, and therefore, easier to correct.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @jmfdiver

Are you still having this problem. I have the same issue with zwo asi 183mc and still trying to sort it out. I also have no problem with my qsi 690

Flats not working properly can have all kinds of causes, maybe you could make a new topic in which we can investigate?

ReplyQuote
Share: