Data from multiple ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Data from multiple sessions

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@pswilson1)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I have come to realize that there are faint objects that require long periods of integration, even with my very fast, F2 scope.

So, when I accumulate data over several nights (yes, from the same exact spot with the same exposure time, temp, etc.), and assuming I take more flats each session, how do I integrate the flats from successive sessions into APP?  In fact, what is the best method of combining the lights?  

I've never tried this but it's time to try new things.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The best way would be to separate the flats of the different sessions. So you load the data of session 1 as session 1 and assign the flats of that session to session 1. And so on.

If, upon close inspection, the flats look exactly the same you can try to combine that data and use it for all sessions. Usually a good flat requires like 15-20 frames.

ReplyQuote
Share: