Combining Subs from...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Combining Subs from differrent cameras/different times

9 Posts
3 Users
10 Likes
(@whixson)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

I remembered I have images of the Crescent nebula I took at two different times with my ASI1600 and another time with my QSI 690. Different scales and with the nebula in a different spot in the frames. Just for fun I was going to try to combine them as Mabula did with the Rosette HA. I was confused about registration - would this be a mosaic or normal?

Wayne

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Normal I think, but if the object is really in an entire different location, it might get a bit problematic in the sense you would have to crop a big part of it in the end. I never tried this specific case to see if a mosaic would be possible, but I think there shouldn't be a big problem with it. Something to test! 🙂

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

I'm now running it in Normal mode full. For kind of a stress test I'm using all individual files, no masters. 406 Lights (!) and 166 biases and darks. Started an hour and 20 minutes ago, 40% of the way through Integration!! All frames were registered within 0.2 pixels. I got one bias and light from a camera that I didn't think I'd used! 

I'm really not expecting much in the way of a quality image, my shots weren't that great and I wasn't sure of some of the settings,  but if I get a reasonable image I'll be happy. If so I may restart it in mosaic mode. I'm assuming I can start with Registration and I don't have to do analysis again? 

PS one issue w- I get numerous messages that say can't register darks and biases. Is that expected behavior?

Thanks again, Wayne Hixson 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

If it can't register those frames, something must be wrong with them to be used as calibration frames. The error usually points to what the problem might be I think.

Yes, indeed, just try various things if it doesn't break the computer I always do that and I find it a good way to get to learn various settings.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

I've never registered calibration frames before, just integrated them - should they need registration?

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No, there is nothing to register them on (no stars). But it could be that they have the wrong dimension or something like that for certain data.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

I think it's OK. They do create masters which are assigned to the lights. Seems to be working.

Approaching 2 hours computer time and 75% of the way through Integration of the 406 frames... I thought it might run all night!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @whixson and @vincent-mod,

I get numerous messages that say can't register darks and biases. Is that expected behavior?

Regarding the calibration frames and the message in the console that these can't be registered:

To be clear 😉 : this is just a very lame console message, it doesn't and shouldn't  point to any problem 😉 since calibration frames are applied to light frames only. They are not used in any sense for registration.

So you can safely disregard that message in the console any time. I will make a note to remove the message from the console, since it doesn't provide any meaningfull information...

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @whixson & @vincent-mod,

I have adjusted the following for APP 1.069 😉

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-1-069-preparing-next-release/

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: