Color camera FITS f...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Color camera FITS files from Astro Photography Tool

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@jhart)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Does the metadata in the FITS files captured by Astro Photography Tool with a color OSC camera (in this case ASI294MC Pro) contain the information for APP to debayer automatically?  Do I need to change the settings in Tab 0 RAW/FITS?

ReplyQuote
(@rhalbers3)
Brown Dwarf

I also have an ASI294MC camera, and I'm using N.I.N.A. for capture.  My understanding is that the resulting FITS files (whether using APT, SGP, or NINA) do not contain the information needed for APP to automatically recognize them as OSC images.  It is easily corrected by checking "force Bayer/X-Trans CFA" in the 0) RAW/FITS tab.  You can set pattern to "RGGB" or leave it on "supported" (which defaults to RGGB).  Here is an earlier thread which helped me resolve this same issue: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/osc-cfa-question-2/

Good luck,

Roland

ReplyQuote
(@jhart)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the reply and the thread reference.  In my search of the forum I had missed that thread's reference to APT.

Jeff

ReplyQuote
Share: