Color camera FITS f...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Color camera FITS files from Astro Photography Tool  

RSS

(@jhart)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 6, 2020 22:01  

Does the metadata in the FITS files captured by Astro Photography Tool with a color OSC camera (in this case ASI294MC Pro) contain the information for APP to debayer automatically?  Do I need to change the settings in Tab 0 RAW/FITS?

ReplyQuote
(@rhalbers3)
Brown Dwarf Customer
July 8, 2020 05:41  

I also have an ASI294MC camera, and I'm using N.I.N.A. for capture.  My understanding is that the resulting FITS files (whether using APT, SGP, or NINA) do not contain the information needed for APP to automatically recognize them as OSC images.  It is easily corrected by checking "force Bayer/X-Trans CFA" in the 0) RAW/FITS tab.  You can set pattern to "RGGB" or leave it on "supported" (which defaults to RGGB).  Here is an earlier thread which helped me resolve this same issue: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/osc-cfa-question-2/

Good luck,

Roland

ReplyQuote
(@jhart)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 8, 2020 14:37  

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the reply and the thread reference.  In my search of the forum I had missed that thread's reference to APT.

Jeff

Share: