Confirmation of und...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Confirmation of understanding with flats/bias

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@pscm)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  
New to APP and trying it out.  I shoot with a nikon D5300. If I comprehend correctly, APP expect flats with 
the same exposure time as bias. I always thought that bias was suppose To be the fastest exposure possible
and then flats were to get ADU at about 50%. I use the t shirt and tablet for lighting. I suppose I could
slow the bias as that may be easier than trying to get the light to correct intensity which right now I am
already maxed out on the intensity side. Not sure if slowing bias downis smart although we are talking the
difference of 10 milliseconds to 120 ms which my flats currently are at.

Do you have any input?

This topic was modified 4 years ago 3 times by Phil Miholovich

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

It is a LONG thread, but maybe read this first?

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/astronomical-data-calibration-priciples-must-read/

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

APP doesn’t require flats with the same exposure time as Bias. That would be rather odd as flats are usually taken around 0.5-1 seconds of exposure time. Dark flats you might mean, those are at the same time as flats.

ReplyQuote
Share: