Can't get blue in m...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Can't get blue in my image - even used HSL  

RSS

(@jeffpadell)
Brown Dwarf Customer
February 5, 2021 21:19  

i downloaded the demo version of APP and really have fallen in love with it.  I am using it to stack and do some color correction before porting to LightroomCC/PhotoshopCC/AI Denoise.

I got a good image of Thor's Helmet with lots of blue in the helmet, but when I am trying to get blue to show in The Statue of Liberty Nebula, I get a hint of it as purple at the bottom of the nebula but in the Hubble and other NASA pics, including from land based scopes, they have some bright blue in a couple regions.  I worked on this for about 4 hours and it is the best I can currently do.  I used the Slooh 17" planewave in Chile to capture 110 subs over the last year.

I loaded 42 lums (50 sec ea) and 24 ea R, G, B all 25 sec ea.  Should I be using less R&G or how do I determine what ratio to use if any to get the blue to show?  Is it just hit and miss or trying different numbers of the filter subs?

NGC3576APP2 Edit 2 1

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
February 5, 2021 22:57  

@jeffpadell Hi Jeffrey,how did you exactly combine the LRGB files? Did you do a per-channel integration or all at once? If per-schannel, how did you combine the integration results? Does the nebula show up in the blue channel? What happens if you only combine RGB but not L?

ReplyQuote
(@jeffpadell)
Brown Dwarf Customer
February 5, 2021 23:05  

I used step 1 to pull in each set of subs for each filter. then hit 6 to integrate them and got the Session for each master.  I combined them in step 9 the combine RGB and put in my L, R, G, B, got some color, more when I hit saturate.  The nebula shows in each channel although not that much for the blue.  I didn't try it with just the RGB will do that.  Here are

the Blue and the Red channels

ReplyQuote
(@jeffpadell)
Brown Dwarf Customer
February 5, 2021 23:47  

Here is the image with just RGB and all the defaults didn't monkey with the colors when combining just accepted the defaults, and no HSL, adjusted the stretch a bit but that was it

NGC3576RGB RGB image lpc cbg mod St
This post was modified 8 months ago by Jeffrey Padell

ReplyQuote
(@jeffpadell)
Brown Dwarf Customer
February 6, 2021 00:21  

I pulled the file back into APP and played with the HSL got more of the orange color but still no blue.

NGC3576RGB

ReplyQuote
(@jeffpadell)
Brown Dwarf Customer
February 6, 2021 01:48  

I should stick to B&W  ROFL

NGC3576B&W Edit 1

ReplyQuote
(@jeffpadell)
Brown Dwarf Customer
February 6, 2021 02:44  

Well it has to be the object as I get plenty of blue in NGC1977 the Running Man nebula

NGC1977APP 1

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
February 6, 2021 15:13  

@jeffpadell The Statue of Liberty Nebula indeed does contain blue emission but to me it looks like it is OIII emission which doesn't come out very well with B and G filters. You'll need to take Ha for red and OIII for green and blue to be able to see the blue color in this nebula. The fact that some blue is present in your pictures can be seen by the fact that the center of the nebula is white and not red.

ReplyQuote
Share: