Star Analysis Faile...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Star Analysis Failed

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jnarro)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hello I just downloaded and installed APP, for my first test I have an error in Star Analysis tab:

Star analysis failed on some of the frames !

Please check the problematic frames for any artefacts.

If the frames don't have clear artefacts or capture issues
and if the frames do contain stars,
please report this problem to support at

Hpw and where do I check the problematic frames?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jnarro Hola Jose,

If you close the popup with the error message then the problematic frames are highlighted in the files list. You can inspect those frames top see what may be causing the problem.

ReplyQuote
(@jnarro)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Thanks, I checked but all the lights are in error, and I just can´t see what is the problem this lights were pre-processed in Pixinsight without an issue, so I will try with another set, kind of dissapointing

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jnarro What calibration files (darks, flats, dark flats, bias) did you use? What camera did you use to create all files? What software did you use to create all files? Do you get the same issue when not using any calibration files at all? Are you sure that the gain/offset or ISO and temperature for all files is the same?

ReplyQuote
(@jnarro)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi, I use Darks, Flats and Darkflats, I capture with NINA with an Atik 414 EX OSC, no gain needed, but something weird happened, All the lights are gone APP there is nothing in the folders so I need to get another object, lucky me that I finished this lights with PI, weird very weird my data is gone. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jnarro Hi, I am very sorry to hear that. And I honestly have no clue how that could have happened. I assure you that APP does not delete any files unless you explicitly ask for it.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It doesn't indeed. What could've happened is that you clicked on "delete" instead of "remove" in the list, APP then shows a very big warning in red that deleting means, deleting. 🙂 Removing the data completely. Could that have been the case?

ReplyQuote
Share: