Calibration frames ...

Share:

APP 1.075 has been released !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Calibration frames CCD/CMOS  

RSS

(@richielisa)
White Dwarf Customer
November 18, 2019 09:57  

Hi all, asking for guidance please?

Ive just bought the ZWO ASI224MC, principally for Planet AP but will also have a go at DSOs' and Ive been pretty successful so far with my DSLR. However, Im a little confused with the ZWO as to how I arrange Darks, Flats and Bias frames and wondered if someone has some simple guidance for me as its not the ISO Im relying on now? Im using Sharpcap and Firecapture software.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Richie

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
November 18, 2019 13:51  

Hi Richie,

For ASI224MC (and other ZWO cameras) the Gain setting is similar to ISO for DSLR. A higher gain means the same as a higher ISO: more electronic amplification and less bit depth. So simply make sure tho shoot all Light, Flat, Dark, DarkFlat and Bias frames at the same gain and offset and you're fine. If your images come out B/W then make sure to check the CFA settings in tab 0 of APP and try again.

HTH, Wouter

(@richielisa)
White Dwarf Customer
November 18, 2019 14:51  

@wvreeven

That's brilliant. Thanks a lot. Appreciate it. Clear skies tonight so Im out with the scope!

Cheers

Richie

ReplyQuote
Share: