Calibration frames ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Calibration frames CCD/CMOS

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@richielisa)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi all, asking for guidance please?

Ive just bought the ZWO ASI224MC, principally for Planet AP but will also have a go at DSOs' and Ive been pretty successful so far with my DSLR. However, Im a little confused with the ZWO as to how I arrange Darks, Flats and Bias frames and wondered if someone has some simple guidance for me as its not the ISO Im relying on now? Im using Sharpcap and Firecapture software.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Richie

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Hi Richie,

For ASI224MC (and other ZWO cameras) the Gain setting is similar to ISO for DSLR. A higher gain means the same as a higher ISO: more electronic amplification and less bit depth. So simply make sure tho shoot all Light, Flat, Dark, DarkFlat and Bias frames at the same gain and offset and you're fine. If your images come out B/W then make sure to check the CFA settings in tab 0 of APP and try again.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@richielisa)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

That's brilliant. Thanks a lot. Appreciate it. Clear skies tonight so Im out with the scope!

Cheers

Richie

ReplyQuote
Share: