Artifacts on final ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Artifacts on final integration

7 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@phfenain)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi, 

I am integrating 435 subs (from 60s to 180s) of M51 with darks, flats, darkflats. The result has strange artifacts on the sides and inside the picture (see attached). This never happened to me before.

Integration is set in full automatic, with LNC set at 1st degree - 1 iteration  and MBB at 5% as usual for me. All subs are correctly framed with M51 in the center (dithering apart). Version 1.077 of APP.

Does anybody understand where it comes from and how I can correct it ?   

Thanks.

Philippe

M51 artifacts APP

ReplyQuote
(@phfenain)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Anybody? @vincent

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Sorry, missed yours (it's a bit hectic here with my wife as a GP at the moment).

So, that looks a little like some kind of stack artefact, can you describe the exact settings you used? And maybe try 1.078 as well, the most recent version.

ReplyQuote
(@phfenain)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thanks Vincent. No worry. I understand fully the hectic situation you are in ! 

That was with both 1077 and 1078 with all in automatic (no LNC). I solved (?) by using LNC 1-3 (LNC 1-1 was not enough) but I think it is a cosmetic correction to indeed stack artefacts. Never had this before. Could it be the number of subs?  

ReplyQuote
(@emarko)
White Dwarf

@phfenain

Maybe you are import files from external drive or USB stick ..... Try move your folder on C disk and try again .....

ReplyQuote
(@ralph)
Neutron Star

I've just the other day encountered something similar, and could more or less reproduce it.

I had a stack of 757 images (on an external SSD), which required a whopping 500 GB of disk space, which I didn't have available at that the time I started the integration. I got a warning, did the "test for available space" which passed, and let the integration continue, ignoring the ever-repeating warning on disk space.

I ended up with similar artifacts, very likely due to lack of disk space which surprisingly didn't seem to cause further errors for APP.

I am now running a new integration, this time with enough empty disk space. It does take its fair bit of time to complete, so no results yet.

@phfenain, did you have enough disk space with your 435 subs?

This post was modified 4 years ago by Ralph Snel

ReplyQuote
(@ralph)
Neutron Star

After about 20 hours of integration I have the final verdict: a beautiful stack when you actually give APP the disk space it needs to perform the stack 😉

With enough space: 

M81 M82 all 2ndLNC it3 St

With insufficient space:

M81 M82 all insufficient diskspace

ReplyQuote
Share: