APP stuck at 17% -1...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP stuck at 17% -148 subs

9 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@ferenc75)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I'm trying the 2nd time already, but it's getting stuck at 17%

3 sessions loaded, each with its darks/flats/darkflats

It was sitting all night processing for 6 hours and stuck at 17%

It was using 15GB of my 16GB DDR4 and asked for 350GB of hard drive space. I given it 1TB

I just don't understand what could cause such an insane amount of demand on hardware to process 148subs? 
What options I may have accidentally clicked (I'm using default all the time) that would increase the integration time and hardware requirements?   I know for sure I'm not drizzling or scaling, all images from the same camera (ASI533). 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

What are the specs of your computer? Just to get an idea. What APP version are you using?

Also, are you processing on the internal disk of your computer?

ReplyQuote
(@ferenc75)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi! 
My PC is custom made. 
It's a Ryzen 5 (3600) CPU
16GB DDR4 RAM

3x 1TB SSD drive 
Nvidia GTX1660ti

Windows 10

I never seen this to happen before , I have stacked 3 times more subs before.  

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, so it did work before. You are using the internal SSD drive as your work directory right?

I'm wondering if something is amiss with the data somehow. What happens if you try 10 subs for instance?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @vincent-mod

Ok, so it did work before. You are using the internal SSD drive as your work directory right?

I'm wondering if something is amiss with the data somehow. What happens if you try 10 subs for instance?

If that works, did you try to stack each session separately to see if that works?

ReplyQuote
(@ferenc75)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven
Posted by: @vincent-mod

If that works, did you try to stack each session separately to see if that works?

Hi , that's my next try .  

Someone on another forum mentioned, that they had similar issues, until they tracked it down to one stack of the subs just would cause issues. 
Also Yes, it's on an external hard drive (USB 3.0, connection)  , but I have stacked many images from it the same way. I'm gonna try to see if I move all the subs on the internal hard drive if it makes a difference.  First I'm gonna try to stack them individually per session and see what happens. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Ferenc Szabo

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

We always advice to use the internal drive, because that is way faster (this could explain the time you experienced) and stability overall.

ReplyQuote
(@ferenc75)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Tracked down the issue. 
First of all, the USB 3.0 plug wasn't really USB 3.0 on the computer. It's USB 2.0. 
2nd. The other USB connector was occupied by a bluetooth transmitter. I tested it, and it's very slow transfer of files. The reason I had no issue before, because I used the other connector, which is occupied by the bluetooth adapter right now. 
After copying over my folders and subs and working from the internal hard drive directory, it took APP about 5 minutes to actually do 4 sessions (as I added 1 more) from different cameras , because stacking just one took about 1 minute so I got confident. 
Definitely need to watch out for these USB -connected drives, they can be very slow. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Ferenc Szabo

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Excellent! We are thinking about maybe testing the connection in a future version, maybe that solves this issue. I do know that an external SSD and a good fast connection works, but it's indeed all about that data processing to be fast and stable, which usually is the case for an internal drive.

ReplyQuote
Share: