Batch conversion of...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Batch conversion of 1800 FITS files to TIF

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@kelvin-hennessy)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi - I need to convert 1800 FITS files of the lunar eclipse to TIFs as soon as possible so I can create a high-dynamic-range timelapse.  (by 31st May 2021 at latest)

I tried using the Batch Modify but it only seems to save a single image.  Am I doing it wrong ?

Is this a feature of the new version about to be released ?   

If not can someone suggest good quality software that will do it. I have found FITSWork does a terrible debayering job. 

thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@kelvin-hennessy Hi Klevin, ASTAP can perform batch conversion of FITS to TIFF. I don't know what the quality of the output files will be though.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi  @kelvin-hennessy & @wvreeven,

The new Batch Save Tool in the soon to be released APP 1.083 will be able to do this ;-). APP 1.083 also includes a completely new file saving engine to facilitate this 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@kelvin-hennessy)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin  that's excellent news !  I've worked out how to do it in Pixinsight but it keeps crashing on me due to the large number of files - plus it needs two steps - debayering then the conversion.  I'm also looking forward to the new star reduction feature for a year long Orion panorama project I've been working on.

So any chance I can have the latest release by Monday at the latest before my competition deadline for both these projects  ?   No pressure 🤣 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Kelvin @kelvin-hennessy,

I will need to check if the file save option will always automatically debayer it. To not miss this, it's on my todo at the top!

Working hard to get the beta out a.s.a.p. 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Kelvin @kelvin-hennessy,

I can confirm now that the Batch Save Tool in APP 1.083 will also automatically debayer your CFA (color) frames with the debayer algorithm and pattern as set in 0) RAW/FITS 😉 so it should be up to the task as you wish !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@kelvin-hennessy)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin  that's excellent news.  I worked out how to do it in PixInsight but its a very time-consuming and error-prone two-step method.    (debayer first then convert the resultant files - though others have told me there is a way to do it in one pass). I look forward to being able to use this functionality in APP.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: