APP stops after sta...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP stops after star analyse

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi guys...

I recently loaded 256 Lum frames of M31 (30 sec subs) into APP together with master dark, master flat, master bias and BMP.  When star analyses was completed, the software stopps... not possible to continue.  I tried to increase CPU to 12 and restarted the PC, but same result.  Could it be the number of frames that is too high??

Alf J.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Not to be expected no, but it just stopped you say, it really didn't have any activity anymore that you could notice from the system? How much memory does your system have?

In the mean time you can always give it a go with just 50 frames of course.

ReplyQuote
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi...

Many thanks for your suggestions. My system is 32Gb memory.  I tried with 30 frames and that worked fine.... I guess this means that it is the system that limits the number of frames that can be processed in one batch.  I shall have to split the bunch of frames in smaller batches containing ~50 frames or so...

best

AJ

ReplyQuote
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi again...

Forgot to say that I was running ver 1.079, but have just upgraded to ver. 1.082  and yes the program stopped completely and could not be accessed. I had to use Task manager to shut it down (although other programs ran normally)...

AJ

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

With 32GB that shouldn't be a problem though. I'm wondering if it indeed was stopped, maybe there was a dialog behind a window that required attention for instance? I would suggest to try again, and otherwise you can make integrations of 50-ish indeed (to get the data divided nicely) and load those results as lights again and integrate them.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @ajnilsen

Hi again...

Forgot to say that I was running ver 1.079, but have just upgraded to ver. 1.082  and yes the program stopped completely and could not be accessed. I had to use Task manager to shut it down (although other programs ran normally)...

AJ

Ok, well I would try it again then as that should work I think.

ReplyQuote
Share: