30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.
9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp
2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!
4x4 Mosaic won't stack properly
I tried doing my first 4x4 Mosaic, but somehow one of the four panels wont stack properly.
here are my settings:
i also tried checking the dynamic distortion correction, didnt change anything, except that the problem panel was the one opposite to M110.
and here a link to all my lights and callibration frames
any ideas on what the problem could be??
I am doing my first mosaic in App also. I watched some video’s and just went ahead loading about 170 frames, made with an L-eNhance filter on a Rasa 8.
Great expectations... But, very disappointing: I got a nullPointerException in the module “Integrator”. Cause: null. pj.a (Unknown Source); pj.a (Unknown Source); pj.doInBackground(Unknown Source); java.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
A nullPointer in Swing... this implies it is not in the “background” processing, not in the “functional” processing, not in the “real APP stuff”, but only in the presentation on the screen. Therefore I think this is an example of a NullPointerException that could easily have been caught, but isn’t!
Mmm, well the registration mode should be "mosaic" and not "normal" for instance. Tab 5 normalize mode should be set to "advanced". Could you try that?
@vincent-mod I downloaded the latest APP release and did what you asked. I entered about 170 frames, divided over four panels of Pelican nebula and North America nebula. I gave APP 12 Gbytes of RAM memory. When APP was integrating I left the notebook (an HP Omen, 2 years old) alone. When I came back after 4 hours the notebook looked like hybernating. Perhaps that is the reason that the total integration took about 6 hours.
Anyhow, I am glad it works. I will try to find out why it took so long. Perhaps you have a tip for me.
The Mosaic-file is about 750 MBytes....
My conclusion is CrystalClear: APP does a great job here!
Excellent. In the future it's faster to first make the panels, then do the mosaic. Just FYI. 😉