Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP 0%, OS 0%?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@brendanc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi all,

Not exactly a problem, more a curiosity - when I run APP on my laptop, no matter how much or little RAM and/or CPU I use, the APP and OS indicators always say 0%. My more powerful PC always registers percentages.

Maybe my laptop is redefining classical thermodynamic theory?

Thanks, Brendan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

haha Well, not sure really, it may be that APP is still using all resources? Can you post a screenshot of how it looks?

ReplyQuote
(@brendanc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Ah, sorry, only just realised you'd replied.

Basically, imagine APP, but with APP 0% and OS 0%!

Screenshot attached. My other (slower) laptop also registers percentages, it's just my Lenovo Thinkpad T440P that doesn't.

app
This post was modified 2 years ago by BrendanC

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi BrendanC @brendanc,

That is very odd to say the least... I have no clue at the moment how this could happen. I can only imagine that our library that detects this somehow can't communicate with your motherboard/cpu somehow. How old is that Thinkpad T440P? I think it is rather a new model right?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@brendanc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Actually it's quite old, I think.

The official product launch seems to be around 2013. I bought this one second-hand because they're built like a tank and very easily upgraded.

It's really not a problem for me, I just thought I'd mention it! I doubt you really need to fix this. As I say, it's entirely possible that my laptop has somehow broken free of the bonds of thermodynamics and is right now reducing entropy, thereby reversing the arrow of time.

Thanks for responding anyway.

ReplyQuote
Share: