Analyse stars with ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Analyse stars with dualband filter. Correct nebula colors?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@phfenain)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hello All,

I am still confused about how to get correct stars colors without changing totally the whole image. Check attached the Rosetta nebula (in HOO) before and after star analysis.  Can you guide me on how to treat such cases? 

Thanks.

Philippe

HOO1 V1 after SA
HOO1 V1 before SA

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star

@mabula

I have the same problem using L-eNhance tri band filter with OSC Asi533 camera.

I tried 4 different settings in initial setting 0 RAW/FITS  tool and do all processes...

APP

but when i do 9) TOOLS - CSC the image looks yellowish and it's impossible to calibrate correctly as i normally do with for example L-Pro filter.

APP1

Any help?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I guess it's because these are narrowband composites and not actual RGB data? I don't think you get accurate color calibration on that type of data with the tool.

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star

Posted by: @vincent-mod

I guess it's because these are narrowband composites and not actual RGB data? I don't think you get accurate color calibration on that type of data with the tool.

Yes, L-eNhance, as Idas NB1 or Triad or other quad band filter, are narrowband multi band composite filters.

So do you mean that with 1.077 APP version - tool 9 Color star calibration now it is not possible to obtain a good star color calibration with this type of filters?? 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Well, my understanding is this only works well with broadband data to begin with. See also here;

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star

Hi,

I have only recently tried working with Ha / OIII narrowband data so my knowledge is not exhaustive.

However for what it is worth:

a)  My understanding is the same as Vincent's that in particular the Adaptive Black Body calibration methods do depend on having Broadband data to work correctly.

b)  I found that star colours in my HOO combines looked more natural using the HOO 2 preset option and when in CSC the Adaptive Black Body tools worked rather similarly to a broadband image calibration.  In CSC with an image combined using HOO 1 preset the stars were widely (randomly) scattered across the  chart space and seemingly impossible to calibrate using the sliders

c)  I have not tried it myself thus far but does the Balance RGB calibration option in CSC help at all?

Interested to hear how you get on.

Mike

ReplyQuote
Share: