After Rotation + Ca...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

After Rotation + Canon Banding reduction: no color in integration

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@peter-s)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hello,

sorry but this is a mixed (APP & PI) topic...

in order to remove banding artefacts of my Canon 6D I proceeded as follows:

- In APP I did all the main processing (MB, MF, MDF, MD...Integration)
- In Pixinsight I did the 90° rotation + CanonbandingReduction + 90° derotation of the LightFrames + MB, MF, MDF, MD:

- 1. process PI: Fast Rotation 90 deg. clockwise, extension: FITS
- 2. process PI: CBR with default settings
- 3. process PI: Rotation 90 deg. counterclockwise

Then I processed all those Frames in APP: the resulting Integration is gray.

I checked "CFA" + RGGB in APP

My first integration (without Rot / CBR / Derot) in APP was as expected: colour but banding

the corrected frames (after Rot / CBR / Derot) do all have colour.

Any ideas?

thanks, Peter

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@peter-s Hi Peter,

Have you tried loading the integrated (and therefore color) image into PI and remove the Canon banding from that image? Touching the raw data usually is a recipe for trouble.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@peter-s)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter,

thank you - no, not until now; I wanted to try with a "clean stack".. and my impression was that the caibration frames, especially the Master Bias induced the most of the banding.

I´ll try the banding reduction a) with the L integration, calibrated by the untreated calibration master files

and b) with with the L integration, calibrated by banding corrected calibration master files 

as I am not the only one using  a Canon camera = the CanonBandingReduction I´d be interested how do others proceed...

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@peter-s Hi Peter,

Try only option a please. Option b will fail. Once more, don't modify raw data. Any raw data.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
Share: