APP 2.0 Beta 6 + li...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] APP 2.0 Beta 6 + libraw + Oracle Linux

6 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@andylsun)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi All

I run APP on a server running Oracle Linux 7 (similar to RHEL 7) , and I'm not able to get APP to see libraw. It reports 'We are unable to load the LibRaw library for raw support for camera RAW'. I've libraw-0.19 installed from repo in /usr/lib64 and libraw-0.20 installed from source in /usr/local/lib. Neither are found when I start APP.

Any logs or other info that I can gather from APP to help debug this issue?

andy

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Andrew Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@andylsun

To start with, APP ships with it's own fully tested and compiled version of LibRaw so the LibRaw that you install on your system is not relevant. This reason is to prevent many issues, since the LibRaw API does change between versions.

We compile our LibRaw on Fedora28 and if Oracle Linux 7 can't load our LibRaw, it means that the LibRaw c/c++ dependencies that we use to build are too old probably on your Oracle installation. Is your Oracle Linux 7 completely up-to-date?

I can lookup the exact dependencies and their versions needed to run LibRaw with APP if you want?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@andylsun)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin That would be cool. I can also check with ldd if that helps to see what dependencies are missing, but not sure what file to run it against.

My OL7 is up to date but is missing some desktop packages you'd normally see, so I'll do some additions of Desktop package groups.

andy

ReplyQuote
(@andylsun)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

So Fedora 28 is used as the base for RHEL8/OL8. I'll try under OL8 and let you know how it goes. That's probably why it doesn't work under OL7.

ReplyQuote
(@andylsun)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Confirmed it loads fine without the libraw warning on Oracle Linux 8. Nice! Thanks for your help.

Now time to crunch some data. And find my license key email.

andy

Screen Shot 2022 11 25 at 8.18.35 AM
This post was modified 1 year ago by Andrew Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Excellent Andrew @andylsun, thanks for confirming !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: