Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

BPM Difficulties

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 Roy
(@roye)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I'm new to using APP and have a problem trying to create a bad pixel map using darks and flats.  The video tutorials that I've watched show a simple process using earlier versions of the program, but my version is 1.082 and doesn't have the options under the calibrate tab shown in the videos.  I would greatly appreciate a simple step by step guide to creating a BPM using the latest version of APP

Thanks

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Hi Roy,

It is as simple as loading your darks, flats and either dark flats or bias in tab 1 and then going to tab 2 and hitting the Create Masters And (Re)Assign To Lights button. The BPM then automatically gets created. 

Wouter

ReplyQuote
 Roy
(@roye)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks for the quick reply Wouter. I assume that pressing the re-assign to lights button means that I need to load lights as well as darks, flats and biases?

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Roy, sorry for not being complete in my original answer. No, it is not necessary to load lights as well.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
 Roy
(@roye)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks Wouter,

Now I've successfully created a BPM I'm at a loss to understand my initial confusion.

Roy  

ReplyQuote
Share: