Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Remove Light Pollution

7 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@wacky)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello Mabula and others. The subject has already been dealt with, but unfortunately I don't understand it correctly!
I noticed that since 1.082 the function "remove light pollution" in 2) Calibrate no longer (?) Works. In the previous version I clicked on the function and the annoyingly familiar "glow" of my ZWO ASI 178mm was gone. Now - in 1.082 - the glow cannot be removed. I have not yet loaded the latest version 1.083, but I suspect that it is not related to my problem or that it solves it, right?
Can you please help me?
I have of course seen that the "Remove Light Pollution" button is available in 9) Tools "and - if I have seen it correctly - you can" build "a correction image with it, which can then be used as a correction image in" Integrate " ?? I have not yet made up my mind, but it would be a shame if the auto function in 2) Calibrate would no longer work !?
Stay healthy ..
Wacky

ReplyQuote
(@wacky)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Oh, big mistake from me!: I mean the "Remove  Amp-Glow", NOT Light Pollution !! Big Sorry to all !! 🙂 But the statement and question still applies.

I

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@wacky So, Remove Amp Glow is an option in Tab 2 and that has not changed as far as I know. How old are your darks? Did you process your lights with these darks in an older version of APP and did you see that it indeed works there?

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@wacky)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter! 

I'm pretty sure that the Amp Glow Reducing worked without darks in the beginning. But I also like to admit if I've done something wrong .. The last Darks are new, but were recorded shortly after the camera was switched on. Is it possible that the amp glow on the ASI 178 cameras only comes after a certain operating time?
I will try it out, first of all thank you very much for the quick answer! .. 🙂
I haven't been "in APP" very long, but I'm already a passionate fan! :-)) And the extremely good automatic functions "prevent" from reading deeper into the matter ... 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Wilfried @wacky,

The Adaptive Pedestail/ reduce Amp-Glow function in 2) Calibrate, will only work/be applied when darks/MasterDark(s) are used to calibrate your lights. So it never worked without darks.

If you create darks for a camera like the ASI178,  you need to make sure that the darks match the light frames for

• exposure time
  • sensor gain
  • sensor offset
  • sensor temperature

If any of these do not match the characteristics of the lights, then amp-glow probably will not be removed completely. This is because Amp-Glow is a non-linear signal. You can only calibrate it out perfectly if the darks properly match the light frames 😉

Since the Amp-Glow is non-linear, you will see indeed, that for example a 60 second exposure will show very little Amp-Glow and a 120second exposure would all of sudden show more than 2x the amount of Amp-Glow, perhaps 4x as much. That means that it works non-linearly.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@wacky)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thank you, Mabula. Then I had the "wrong thing on the screen", apparently I used Darks before. You never stop learning; but that's nice too 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It's my life's motto! I love learning. Work though... 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: