Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

My try at the Comet and the new beta registration  

RSS

(@joec)
White Dwarf Customer
August 2, 2020 21:45  

These are 58 minutes of subs at 30s and 60s from last night.  One is done without the comet registration and the other with. Worked good for me. Just wondering how others got the stars to not trail when using the comet registration. A bit confused, but thanks for great update, looks much better after the comet registration

neo lpc cbg mod SC St
neo MONO session 1 lpc cbg mod cbg csc SC St

. Still learning.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
August 4, 2020 14:44  

Interesting result on the right indeed, but great to see APP working here. 🙂 In a follow-up version you will be able to remove the trails better, but people now use aggressive outlier rejection for that, sigma clipping.

ReplyQuote
(@joec)
White Dwarf Customer
August 5, 2020 00:17  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Interesting result on the right indeed, but great to see APP working here. 🙂 In a follow-up version you will be able to remove the trails better, but people now use aggressive outlier rejection for that, sigma clipping.

Thanks, i watched the video again and was able to try the aggressive rejection and it did work. However still new at this and learning.

rtert lpc cbg csc mod SC St

Thanks

(@charles-thody)
White Dwarf Customer
August 6, 2020 15:18  

Hi. I've just had a play with the Beta Comet stacking, here are my results... These were 25 20 second images with Hypercam 183C ProTec and Starwave 80ED. Couldn't get the light pollution tool to work though...

C Neowise F3 2020 rejection lpc cbg St
C Neowise F3 2020 no rejection

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
August 9, 2020 10:51  

What didn’t work with the LP tool?

ReplyQuote
(@charles-thody)
White Dwarf Customer
August 9, 2020 13:57  

@vincent-mod Hi. I could not process out the orange light from light pollution that was affecting my view of the Comet. No idea why? Tried a few times. Always happy for any advice. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
August 9, 2020 14:10  

Should be possible, maybe it does then affect the faint comet tail, which can be a negative thing about it in this case. I would need your data to try myself, if you want you can upload it to our server;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 (or upload2 till 5) as username and password will then be the same as the username.

Create a directory named “charles-thody-orangebackground” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@charles-thody)
White Dwarf Customer
August 10, 2020 22:55  

Hi Vincent. Many thanks. A,m uploading some of my data files to the directory now. I will be very interested to see your results and how you achieve them. Charles

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
August 13, 2020 09:57  

Thanks Charles,

I downloaded the data and will have a look today.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
August 14, 2020 14:42  

Ok so to me the data looks really good. Also after LP, I'm not seeing light pollution to be honest.

After first integration:

Screenshot from 2020 08 14 14 33 03

After LPC:

Screenshot from 2020 08 14 14 34 17

ReplyQuote
(@charles-thody)
White Dwarf Customer
August 20, 2020 11:09  

Hi Vincent. Many thanks for this, much appreciated.

Share: