APP won't start - m...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] APP won't start - missing gluegen_rt.dll

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@sdiehl28)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I installed my trial APP 2.0.0-beta2 for the first time on Windows 11 into C:\AstroPixelProcess.  When I try to start APP, the Java Exception is:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: C:\AstroPixelProcessor\natives\windows-amd64\gluegen_rt.dll

The installation did not create a natives directory. 

I tried installing it to the default directory but had the same result.

gluegen_rt.dll does not exist on my file system.

I have never installed APP before.  How do I resolve the UnsatisfiedLinkError?  Thanks!

Edit by Mabula: ISSUE WAS CAUSED BY Windows CMD not working correctly which is needed to copy and load the native library for OpenGL.

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Stephen @sdiehl28,

That is very odd, the gluegen_rt.dll is needed for OpenGL to work. That enables graphical hardware acceleration to see your data. It is always automatically loaded by APP when APP is started.

A reason why it is not working could be that an antivirus/antimalware package on your computer is giving a false positive on this DLL preventing it from being loaded by APP. Can you check your security software logs to see if that is in fact the issue?

That DLL should always be loaded without any issues, so I strongly suspect that some other package or perhaps windows 11 is blocking it because it thinks it might not be safe when in fact it is... (thus false positive).

This installation path should have no effect on this issue as well.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@sdiehl28)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin Hi Mabula,

I found the problem, it was not antivirus software, but a problem with my cmd shell. No doubt APP uses the Windows cmd shell when it starts up.

My cmd shell was not working until I removed a registry string for cmd called "autorun".  With this string removed, my cmd shell ran fine.  With my cmd shell working, APP started up fine.

I look forward to learning and using Astro Pixel Processor.

Steve Diehl

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @sdiehl28

@mabula-admin Hi Mabula,

I found the problem, it was not antivirus software, but a problem with my cmd shell. No doubt APP uses the Windows cmd shell when it starts up.

My cmd shell was not working until I removed a registry string for cmd called "autorun".  With this string removed, my cmd shell ran fine.  With my cmd shell working, APP started up fine.

I look forward to learning and using Astro Pixel Processor.

Steve Diehl

Hi Steve @sdiehl28,

Excellent! That is really great to hear 😉 so indeed a problem in your Operating System caused it. Weird that your CMD was not working okay, but great that you could fix it. Indeed, that process where the native lib is copied is done using a shell with the appropriate commands. Really glad that this is solved quickly and with a very good and logical explanation!

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: