Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Milky Way Processing

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rockinrod)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Good Morning,

I'm doing some Milky Way imaging while the season is still in. Was wondering which Algorithm to use for this type of image, in the RAW/FITS Tab..? First time doing this with APP.

Any other tips I may need to know, while I'm asking...

Thanks,

Rodney 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Same as for any other astro-image, it's the registration where things get different etc.

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

The Registration will not affect the image though, correct? That's all I'm concerned with.

R

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

In what way do you mean? It will yes, in the sense that it has to project the milky way in some way that works.

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

In the overall quality of the image, Grain, sky etc. This type image seems to be having background issues. Not a good even black sky, but spotted dark and gray blotched for some reason. I was in a Bortle Class 4 last night

Milky Way 9 9 2021 RGB

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Rodney Bell

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Oh like that, well that's just what the data has in it then. To correct for some of that you'd need good use of the Light Pollution correction tool etc. But if the data has a lot of that, that's going to be tricky. APP itself won't degrade the image.

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

The LP feature knocked a lot of it out. I'm using PS to try and even the color and smooth things out, without subduing my image.

Okay, I'll play with it some more! Thanks for the comeback!

Rodney

ReplyQuote
(@donkrx)
White Dwarf

@vincent-mod I realize this is an old thread but I'm new and doing Milky Way myself right now. What do you mean when you say "it's the registration where things get different etc.". What do I need to do differently/specific for a set of Milky Way subs?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Maybe helpful to have a look at this tutorial? https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/mosaic-tutorial-milky-way-to-rho-ophiuchi-by-mabula/

It's a bit old, but most of the tips are still valid. If you need any help after that, happy to help.

ReplyQuote
Share: