Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

weird unremovable lightpolution?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@marcieow)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

In my latest image from ngc2244, i've got a weird sort of lightpolution in the lower leftside of the image. I've tried with new flats, and some other settings, but for a newbie with just 2 weeks of experience with the APP trial, i can't remove it. Either with the light polution filter or other tools. The program looks very good so far, so the chance of buying it wil be 100%, but i would like to get someone's opinion on this. Program is perfect, so it's likely that the person behind the buttons is the error in this haha. 

Edit by Mabula ( APP forum can embed Flickr images, just enter the Flickr share URL ;-),  I have replaced the URL with the share URL )

https://flic.kr/p/23YunKV

this is the link to the image, from 60 subs of 180 second, at iso 800, without darks because of dithering. But with bias, flats, and a bad pixel map ofcourse.

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Marcieow
This topic was modified 5 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @marcieow,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the APP forum 😉

First of all, it's a great result to start with I think.

From the image shown, it is not clear to what "weird sort of light pollution" 🙂 you refer ? It looks all okay to me. Perhaps with a stronger stretch it is more apparent to see ?

Can you share a JPG with a stronger stretch to indicate what the problem might be ?

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

If you open the flickr link then it is clear that the left edge of the image, and most notably the lower left, is lighter than the right edge.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@marcieow)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

As Wreeven mentioned, it's in tje left lower part of the image. Iv, e looked at widefield shots, but it shoudlnt be like  this. Also it was not  possible to remove  with tools. Maybe it,s my  inexperience, i think i need a little push in the right direction haha. If you need more info or files please let me know. Thanks in advance!  😋 

ReplyQuote
(@marcieow)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Exactly right Wreeven. But i've been playing along the program, and my outcomes are way better then with dss ofcourse.  Especially for someone that doesn't quite get all the difficult termes and everything haha. I've been busy the last few weeks, but also with a little imaging forunatly. I've been struggling with getting the image flat in APP with my flats. In dss they work fine, and i've also checked the histogram after i converted the RAW files to tiff's. I think it has something to do with the man behind the keys, but vcan't get my head around it. 

C5 26 2 19 80x180ISO800app vingetting
C5 26 2 19 80x180ISO800app

ReplyQuote
Share: