Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Artifact on bright area and DLSR partially defiltred

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mcegli)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello. I am completely new in APP. Already done some good picture with it.

I do a night session for Neowise comet, with 27 lights and 30 DOF (of each), with an partially defiltred DLSR. When i get the processed image, the head of Neowise is much more exposed (overexposed) and an artifact (like a grey zone) is present on both side of the head. (The lights doesn't present this artifact).

What is the problem ? Defiltred DLSR, too much lights (i try with different numbers of light, and that change the artifact). Is it possible to reduce the total exposure of the brightest area ?

Thanks for your help

The images : 1 light (i don't understand why it is green, because the raw file is red due to partially defiltred DLSR) and the second picture is the processed image in APP (with the artifact)

Capture d’écran 2020 07 19 à 13.56.05
Capture d’écran 2020 07 19 à 14.13.55

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

This could be because of a combination of overexposure and the way the dslr was modded. But I’m guessing a bit here. If you want you can upload the files to our server to be included for comet registration testing in APP as we want to support that in a later version, tricky data like this will help us get the best overall result for it. You can find more about the upload process in the forum message by Mabula. If you uploaded it, let me know and I can already have a quick look.

ReplyQuote
(@mcegli)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello Thanks for the answer. If you look the picture of one of de lights, i don't found it's overexposed (also not in the area where it is the artifact. Anyway, if i hear you, it's maybe not a dummies workflow !

Sur i can send you the data, but it's huge. Do you want also the DOF ? Light and DOF is 1.2 Go !

Let me know

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Whoops, I totally missed your reply, very sorry about that. If you want you can upload the data to here;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 (or upload2 till 5) as username and password will then be the same as the username.

Create a directory named “mcegli-cometoverexposed” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

And also test the new beta, it will now have comet stacking support.

ReplyQuote
(@mcegli)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hiii

Some month (year later), i try again with the same lights, flats, etc but with the new 1.083 stable.

the problem from the artifact is gone. But hard job.... For the process (because it's not possible yet) for having the stars and the comet sharp (i try a lot of things in APP but i'm really new in  APP so i don't found the solution(i also tray the method from Warwick Anderson https://www.astrobin.com/8pzs8i/  but without success)), so i do :

1 integration for the stars

2 integration for the comet with comet method

3 stack in Photoshop the two picture + some cosmetics

Like many, i wait for a complete sharp integration.

Neowise 18 07 2020

This post was modified 2 years ago by Cedric Egli

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@mcegli Could you please attach a JPEG image? That way we don't have to download your TIFF file and open it in an external image viewer. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@mcegli)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Sorry Ok it's done

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@mcegli No need to apologize and thanks. That's a stunning image!

ReplyQuote
Share: