Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales on Renter's & Owner's licenses - sale will end on the 1st of December 2020 at 12:00 UTC

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Artifact on bright area and DLSR partially defiltred  

RSS

(@mcegli)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
July 19, 2020 14:17  

Hello. I am completely new in APP. Already done some good picture with it.

I do a night session for Neowise comet, with 27 lights and 30 DOF (of each), with an partially defiltred DLSR. When i get the processed image, the head of Neowise is much more exposed (overexposed) and an artifact (like a grey zone) is present on both side of the head. (The lights doesn't present this artifact).

What is the problem ? Defiltred DLSR, too much lights (i try with different numbers of light, and that change the artifact). Is it possible to reduce the total exposure of the brightest area ?

Thanks for your help

The images : 1 light (i don't understand why it is green, because the raw file is red due to partially defiltred DLSR) and the second picture is the processed image in APP (with the artifact)

Capture d’écran 2020 07 19 à 13.56.05
Capture d’écran 2020 07 19 à 14.13.55

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
July 20, 2020 13:32  

This could be because of a combination of overexposure and the way the dslr was modded. But I’m guessing a bit here. If you want you can upload the files to our server to be included for comet registration testing in APP as we want to support that in a later version, tricky data like this will help us get the best overall result for it. You can find more about the upload process in the forum message by Mabula. If you uploaded it, let me know and I can already have a quick look.

ReplyQuote
(@mcegli)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
July 20, 2020 18:27  

Hello Thanks for the answer. If you look the picture of one of de lights, i don't found it's overexposed (also not in the area where it is the artifact. Anyway, if i hear you, it's maybe not a dummies workflow !

Sur i can send you the data, but it's huge. Do you want also the DOF ? Light and DOF is 1.2 Go !

Let me know

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
July 31, 2020 12:00  

Whoops, I totally missed your reply, very sorry about that. If you want you can upload the data to here;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 (or upload2 till 5) as username and password will then be the same as the username.

Create a directory named “mcegli-cometoverexposed” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
July 31, 2020 12:01  

And also test the new beta, it will now have comet stacking support.

ReplyQuote
Share: