Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Combining RGB with L-eNhance Lights

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@iowaastrophoto)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I'm a novice, and just purchased APP and first use was with some NEOWISE images that IMHO came out nicely but for the vignetting & LP correction.

There's a post on combining RGB with Ha & OIII data using an Optolong L-eNhance.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/combining-r-g-b-with-ha-oiii-data-using-an-optolong-l-enhance-filter/#post-10985

Questions?

1. I'm using an ASI183MM Pro with RGB&L filters plus L-eNhance filter (filter set in slot 5).  Using the same approach as described in the tutorial, should I be taking subs with the RGB&L (combining these) and then use the L-eNhance subs in lieu of the Ha & OIII data?
  2. Or, should I just use the L-eNhance as my luminance data, and collect/combine the RGB as described in the tutorial?
  3. I've also got a L-pro filter - would there be any advantage to use this as my luminance filter, and use the L-eNhance as my proxy for the Ha & OIII?

Sadly, my location is in a Bortle 5/6 (have a delightful sodium street light) that really compromises my imaging toward the SW.  The L-eNhance has been a real blessing but can't fix everything.

Unrelated, but here's my novice attempt to capture NEOWISE, and processed with APP - no flats, darks, or bias.  Next session will capture these to improve the integration but still working on how to do these with the HyperStar.

Neowise 07232020

thanks, Jim

ReplyQuote
Share: