Preview stretch bug...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Preview stretch bug?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@readyjetty)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I noticed that if I integrate a job with lots of field rotation (using Alt/Az) and the final stack has some blank/black areas, if I export to PixInsight to do one task (like BlurXterminator or dynamic crop) and export as FITS, the preview stretch is all funky and way over exposed.

here is an example:

Believe me, this data is just fine, it's an image of a galaxy cluster and displays well in PI.   PI will also sometimes do similar things from images if there is too much black area outside of the integrated subs.   I expect this has to do with the preview stretch algorithm being trigger by so much 100% black when the image has a fairly bright background.   

Perhaps you need the algorithm to detect that some of the image is 100% black background and not include this in your stretch parameters...  not sure, just guessing here.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I assume you're stretching in PixInsight while saving to a fits file? What happens if you switch stretching off in app? It may also be interesting to see what happens if you crop out the black parts, because that may indeed also cause issues.

ReplyQuote
Share: