Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Auto-session

4 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I would like the ability to have APP do automatic sessions based on exposure length.

For instance, as of now you can throw all your lights into a single folder and select them all at once and APP knows what filter to assign them based on the fits header. If it would do the same if say I had a bunch of  180s, 300s, and 600s sets in the same folder, divide those sets into sessions based on exposure times automatically. That way I would get all exposures of 180s assigned to session 1, all 300s to session 2, and all 600s to session 3.

I think that could be extremely handy, especially if it auto assigned the darks to those as well based on exposure length.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I like that idea, but I think it would depend on the data headers a lot (not all programs output a nice header). I'll pass the idea to Mabula, thanks!

ImNewHere reacted
ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hopefully it would pick up at minimum the exposure length. I haven't seen APP fail to get that so far, even from DSLR data. Then again if someone decided to edit their fits headers or the exif info that could mess things up.

ReplyQuote
(@screetch82)
White Dwarf

I support that wish and was about to add same.  Everybody using Nina can even set up a folder structure e.g.  Target name / Lights /  Filter / files 1...X      This is nice as APP also picks up the Tag in the header/name.. however makes adding it to APP very long to go through all the folders for each filter, for lights and again through all filter folders for flats, darkflats etc. 

ReplyQuote
Share: