Just purchased APP....

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Just purchased APP. Getting ready to process the Cone Nebula/IDAS NBZ

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@medicineman4040)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello. Brand new to APP. I have almost 13 hours collected on the Cone Nebula and Christmas Cluster.

I've been using DSS and PI.

I think I'll like APP more for 'scoring' and stacking.

I'm watching Youtube tutorials and going step by step.

My first question is which algorithm to choose for my Cone/Christmas data.

My camera is the ZWO 2600 mc pro and ALL images taken using the IDAS NBZ filter.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Robert

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

For regular datasets you can just use the standard settings. Load in your lights and calibration frames, go to tab 6 and press the integrate button. If you're going to use narrowband filters or will be doing mosaics and such, you'll have to change more settings.

ReplyQuote
(@medicineman4040)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Vincent thanks! Truthfully I've been into astrophotography for 4.5 months and don't even know if the IDAZ NBZ is a 'regular' dataset or narrowband? I'll google and see.

OK, just googled. The IDAS NBZ is listed as dual narrowband. Can you suggest settings for this filter? Well if you know them off the top of your head. I can begin googling

that too.

Thanks again,

Robert

This post was modified 1 year ago by Robert Moore

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That looks to be a dual narrowband filter yes. So for that kind of data you'd need to use the "extract HA" and "extract OIII" algorithms, you can choose those in tab 0 and then you'll get mono Ha and OIII images from that data which you can then combine later.

ReplyQuote
Share: