Veil nebula L-enhan...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Veil nebula L-enhance

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@nsblifer)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

This is probably a simple fix but this is my first session with processing narrowband. 

Veil Nebula. L-Enhance. Processed extract Ha and extract OIII. I’ve combined in the combine RGB tab and assigned Ha to Red, O3 to green and blue. After calculating I get a decent image but large cyan/turquoise cast on the image I can’t seem to normalize. Where do I go from here? Thank you!

Also, is there really that big of a difference between splitting and combining channels vs just processing all the data taken w/ L enhance as you would with no filter?

This topic was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Travis Satterfield

ReplyQuote
(@mohman)
Hydrogen Atom

@nsblifer For what it's worth, I actually processed my L-eXtreme data using the Ha-OIII Color algorithm on tab 0 and it turned out fairly well.   

https://astrob.in/tmsel2/B/

Splitting the channels I'm sure gives you a lot more flexibility but you could try the "easy way" and decide if you really want to go down the channel splitting path.

-- Rich

This post was modified 2 years ago by Richard Mohnen

ReplyQuote
Share: