Unable to use creat...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Unable to use created artifical flats

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@bigbobsky)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hello,

I've tried to follow this instruction to get an artifical flat from a single calibrated file : https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/how-to/#post-449

It creates a file suffixed with "artificialFLatFromLights" tagged "MF-1" but this file is never associated to lights, even forcing the DOF association.

The generated file is described as a "16b RGB" color space file. The created MD and MB files are "16b GRAY" : can this explain the issue ? So in this case how to generate an artifical flat in the same color space ?

Thanks a lot for your support.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Did you first calibrate the lights etc like in that little workflow? I’ll test this out today myself, never used it so good thing to try here as well. I’ll report back.

ReplyQuote
(@bigbobsky)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod yes, I've tried on a single calibrated image file because it's the way I've understood from the how-to but it seems to not be the way to do. 

Indeed this morning I've tried to create the artificial flat from an UNcalibrated frame and the association works.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Interesting. I think you need to use all your lights, but not 100% sure, I’ll check it out.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok I tried it and it worked. So what I did was to do the calibration on the lights and after calibration saving those. Then clearing all data, loading them as lights again and taking one to go through the "correct vignetting" tool in tab 9, in which you get to create boxes in the areas where there is the gradient. You can then check if that works, check the "create artificial flat" and save that file. Then you should be able to assign the masterflat to the lights (check by switching to "l-calibrated" on top of the APP window).

ReplyQuote
(@bigbobsky)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Ok, so if I understand well, you save all the calibrated frames after the step 2 (through "save calibrated frames" button) and restart a fresh workflow ? I think this is th step I did not understood in the HOWTO. I'm going to try it today.

Thanks for your help.  

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, first let it calibrate and then save them and reload.

ReplyQuote
Share: